what threat does romeo make to his servant?

2. Who tries to break up the fighting? 1. Meantime, Romeo has touched Juliet’s hand; they speak, and kiss twice. True or false. 180. Give me my Romeo. Paris confronts Romeo, and Romeo kills him. ROMEO What wilt thou tell her, nurse? Already a member? 13. Romeo replies sarcastically that Benvolio's suggestion of a cure for Romeo's love melancholy would be as effective as applying a plantain leaf. What threat does the Prince make to Lord Montague and Lord Capulet? Love and dreams are mere smokescreens that hide the truth. This chance meeting contributes to a sense of inevitability that Romeo and Juliet are destined to meet. Romeo is distraught and vows to travel to Verona to be with her again. 6. 3. The Nurse arrives with her servant, Peter, looking for Romeo. 180. Act 1 Scene 1 1. She is spoiled and selfish. "Well, Juliet, I will lie with thee tonight" (Shakespeare, 5.1.36). Explain what this stage direction reveals about the characters, conflict, and theme of the play. In Romeo and Juliet, the servant asks for Romeo's help because he cannot read and has a list of names of people whom he is supposed to invite to the.... See full answer below. It is in act 5, scene 1, that Romeo learns of Juliet's death from his servant Balthazar. What do they have to say about him? 3. transparent heretics Romeo says that if he saw another woman more beautiful than Rosaline his tears would turn to fire and burn his eyes as "transparent heretics" for lying. In about 75 words, discuss why using deductive reasoning is better than inductive reasoning in a persuasive speech. Which Capulet servant fought with Abraham? Asked by Casey C #444753 on 6/2/2015 2:26 AM Last updated by jill d #170087 on 6/2/2015 2:38 AM Answers 1 Add Yours. Shakespeare's Characters: Romeo (Romeo and Juliet)Romeo, the hero of Romeo and Juliet, is in love with Rosaline at the beginning of the play.He soon falls in love with and marries Juliet (2.6). It is in act 5, scene 1, that Romeo learns of Juliet's death from his servant Balthazar. Romeo‘s Return In Mantua, Romeo is visited by his servant, Balthasar, who tells him that Juliet is dead. He invites Paris to a feast that evening, and sends a servant out with a list of other people to invite. Enter Benvolio and Romeo. Read a translation of Act 2, scene 4 → Summary: Act 2, scene 5. Instead he gives Tybalt more loving words: "I do protest [swear] I never injured thee, / But love thee better than thou canst devise [understand], / Till thou shalt know the reason of my love" (3.1.68-70). But Paris attacks and Romeo is forced to fight. 5. Romeo's immediate reaction is to make plans for his own suicide. 4. Answered by jill d #170087 4 years ago 12/14/2016 3:42 PM. Rest you merry! Why does Capulet think it will be easy for Montague and him to keep the peace? An Undelivered Message Answered by jill d #170087 4 years ago 12/14/2016 3:42 PM. Romeo and Friar Lawrence wait for Juliet to arrive at the cell. ACT 2, SCENE 1 ; 1. Romeo gives Balthasar a letter (his suicide note) and sends him away. What was Paris's last request? His only desire is to be with Juliet: "Well Juliet, I will lie with thee tonight" (V.1.36). Answered by jill d #170087 on 6/2/2015 2:33 AM Romeo intends to make his presence known to Juliet. The servant asks if he can read, and Romeo replies in high poetic fashion, "Ay, mine own fortune in my misery" (1.2.58) . Queen Mab is ; a) the wife of Prince Escalus. Juliet was distraught not over Tybalt’s death, but rather over Romeo… Read a translation of Act 2, scene 4 → Summary: Act 2, scene 5. BENVOLIO, to Romeo Tut, man, one fire burns out another’s burning; One pain is lessened by another’s anguish. Who are the experts?Our certified Educators are real professors, teachers, and scholars who use their academic expertise to tackle your toughest questions. Thou dost not mark me. Besides love, he is also prone to fits of passion in anger, by killing Tybalt after Tybalt kills his friend, Mercutio. Romeo and Friar Lawrence wait for Juliet to arrive at the cell. Romeo‘s Return In Mantua, Romeo is visited by his servant, Balthasar, who tells him that Juliet is dead. NURSE I will tell her, sir, that you do protest, which, as I take it, is a gentlemanlike offer. It is his desire to lie with Juliet in her tomb: Well, Juliet, I will lie with thee tonight. He senses fate will bring unwanted doom. Paris and a servant arrive at Juliet's tomb. 5. They kiss again, and then both are called away. The fact that Romeo and Juliet even met was a major coincidence. What are the instructions? Skilled at the art of combat, Romeo has no trouble defeating Paris. Gallop apace, you fiery-footed steeds, Toward Phoebus’ lodging. The illiterate servant decides to look for some people who can read. She is very deliberate and careful. Shakespeare. Best Answer. Romeo's immediate reaction is to make plans for his own suicide. It mimics a servant’s conversation at the beginning of Act IV. The prince threatens that if they don't stop fighting then they will have to leave Verona or be punished... Who Are The Two Feuding Families In Romeo And Juliet? 175 I protest unto thee— NURSE Good heart, and i’ faith I will tell her as much. 3. Oh, I have bought the mansion of love, but not yet possessed it. Romeo suddenly stops and asks if Balthasar is carrying a letter from Friar Lawrence. I belong to Romeo, but have not yet been enjoyed by him. One desperate grief cures with another’s languish. Prince Escalus dispursed everyone except whom? Top subjects are Literature, History, and Law and Politics. He invites Paris to a feast that evening, and sends a servant out with a list of other people to invite. b) the servant refuses to admit Romeo because he is a Montague. He would rather die than be alive and without her. ", he means that his actions are more uncontrollable and more ferocious than tigers who are hungry and the sea when there's a storm. unattainted unprejudiced. Meantime, Romeo has touched Juliet’s hand; they speak, and kiss twice. Why does he suggest this? What does Romeo give to his servant to give to Romeo's father? Read lines 87-90. 8. Kari decided to take us to the library to find a magazine. 6. His racing minister, Martin Pakula, just backed down on a daft decision to allow hundreds of well-connected people into the … Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now. 1. The Prince banishes him from Verona for killing Tybalt (3.1), and he flees to Mantua (3.3) where he slays Paris and dies along side Juliet (5.3). Comment on this speech in terms of the Elizabethan attitude toward the stars and astrology. Asked by Casey C #444753 on 6/2/2015 2:26 AM Last updated by jill d #170087 on 6/2/2015 2:38 AM Answers 1 Add Yours. Friar Laurence arrives and … 7. Unfortunately, the servant is illiterate. The Prince threatens the men with the penalty of death if they don't cease their quarreling and fighting. What did Tybalt proclaim to hate prior to fighting with Benvolio? 10. Mercutio exasperates her with his quick, sharp mockery. What Romeo's plan demonstrates is the strength of his love for Juliet. The servant goes to summon the watchmen. Educators go through a rigorous application process, and every answer they submit is reviewed by our in-house editorial team. Balthasar says he is not, and Romeo sends his servant on his way. Q. Which type of phrase do the underlined words form in this sentence? Thou dost not mark me. Romeo, Juliet, and Paris. V,3,3279. Romeo is pining for Rosaline, and Mercutio delivers his "Queen Mab" speech. Balthasar says that Romeo seems so distraught that he is afraid to leave him, but Romeo insists. Lord, Lord, she will be a joyful woman. . What are the instructions? Once Balthasar is gone, Romeo says that he … ... determined to keep his party going. Shakespeare "Two households, both alike in dignity/ In fair Verona where we lay our scene". 18. What is Benvolio’s advice to Romeo? Romeo puts on a brave face for his faithful servant, but when Balthasar departs, he reveals with despair that the only thing left to do is return to Verona and join Juliet in death. Spread thy close curtain, love-performing night, That runaways’ eyes may wink, and Romeo Leap to these arms, untalked of and unseen. In act five, scene three, Romeo arrives at the Capulet tomb and proceeds to open the vault. 2. Who was just trying to separate the servants, but had pulled his sword in the effort? Romeo holds Juliet's hand, and begs a kiss, which she gives him. (Exit) BENVOLIO At this same ancient feast of Capulet's . What are four puns from act 1, scene 4 (Queen Mab speech) of Romeo and Juliet? William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet contains a relatively distinctive cast of characters. 2. ", he means that his actions are more uncontrollable and more ferocious than tigers who are hungry and the sea when there's a storm. What do they have to say about him? His resolution is reflected in the violent image he uses to order Balthasar, his servant… Mercutio exasperates her with his quick, sharp mockery. The questions below refer to the selection "the Iliad, from Book 22, The Death of Hector." Paris and a servant arrive at Juliet's tomb. It mimics a servant’s conversation at the beginning of Act IV. Why is the feud between the Capulets and Montagues the reason for Romeo and Juliet's death . Servant My master's. SERVANT My master's. Romeo is an emotional and reckless character but also a very loyal friend. ROMEO Indeed, I should have ask'd you that before. A servant asked Romeo to read names off a list for a Capulet party. answer choices . ©2020 eNotes.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Scene 2: 9. c) an allusion to the Nurse. What was Shakespeare’s purpose in beginning the action of the play with the quarrel between the servants rather than with the clash between Benvolio and Tybolt? ROMEO Nurse, commend me to thy lady and mistress. What does Romeo give to his servant to give to his father? Answered by jill d #170087 on 6/2/2015 2:33 AM 50 ROMEO O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright! Romeo's relationship with his father is meaningless but that is not so with the Friar. Lady Capulet thinks her threat to send someone to poison Romeo will make Juliet: Juliet didn't trust the nurse anymore. What does he do when he hears Romeo approaching? Tybalt recognizes Romeo and sends for his sword, but Capulet orders Tybalt to do nothing. If fate were to be a character in Romeo and Juliet, it’d be father time. 6. 3. He then tells his servant that he will return to Verona that night. JULIET. 3. eNotes.com will help you with any book or any question. Where was Montague to later meet with Prince Escalus? Romeo is astonished and disheartened to hear the news of Juliet's death and immediately instructs Balthasar to bring him some ink and paper. 17. 5. Once Balthasar exits the scene, Romeo discusses his plans for the evening by saying. (Exit) BENVOLIO At this same ancient feast of Capulet's Why is Romeo so sad? “Find them out whose names are written here!” (1.2. The Nurse departs to wait in the ally for Romeo’s servant, who is to bring a ladder for Romeo to use to climb up to Juliet’s chamber that night to consummate their marriage. Explain. He fears some consequence "hanging in the stars". and invitation does Capulet make to Paris? He insists that he will not make her marry a man she does not love. 3. At the end of Scene 4, what does Romeo fear? BENVOLIO, to Romeo Tut, man, one fire burns out another’s burning; One pain is lessened by another’s anguish. c) an allusion to the Nurse. Romeo and Juliet What does Romeo give to Balthasar? . 2. What threat does the Prince make to Lord Montague and Lord Capulet? Unfortunately, the servant is illiterate. 5. Scene 3 1. Give three reasons why Capulet hesitates to give his permission? d) an allusion to Lord Capulet. Two friends decided to go with him to the library to find a magazine. What two reasons does Lord Capulet give for stopping him (lines 63-72)? V,3,3271. 4. answer choices . In Scene 1, what does Juliet’s threat to harm herself reveal about her personality? 2. Who tries to break up the fighting? He intends to drink this poison once he is at Juliet’s side. Act 5 Scene 3. “Find them out whose names are written here!” (1.2. ... determined to keep his party going. Although it is illegal to sell poisonous drugs, the apothecary takes Romeo's money because he is in desperate financial need. SERVANT I know not, sir. Benvolio and Montague describe the way Romeo has been acting. Tragically, however, Romeo does not realize that Juliet is not dead. Servant Now I'll tell you without asking: my master is the great rich Capulet; and if you be not of the house of Montagues, I pray, come and crush a cup of wine. Shakespeare The prince threatens that if they don't stop fighting … 3. What Threat Does The Prince Make To Lord Montague And Lord Capulet In Romeo And Juliet? SERVANT Now I'll tell you without asking: my master is the Great rich Capulet; and if you be not of the house a suicide letter. 16. This dagger hath mista'en—for, lo, his house... 50. What was Shakespeare’s purpose in beginning the action of the play with the quarrel between the servants rather than with the clash between Benvolio and Tybolt? At the Capulet feast, a) Tybalt recognizes Romeo by his voice. 5. Turn giddy, and be helped by backward turning. When Romeo tells his servant, " The time and my intents are savage-wild, More fierce and more inexorable far Than empty tigers or the roaring sea. How does this speech about his love for Juliet compare to his speeches about being in love with Rosaline? ROMEO Indeed, I should have ask'd you that before. What happens between Romeo and Paris? Are you a teacher? What decision does Romeo make in lines 112-113, and what is the thematic importance of this decision? His top public servant, Chris Eccles, has quit. He is very wealthy. The Nurse departs to wait in the ally for Romeo’s servant, who is to bring a ladder for Romeo to use to climb up to Juliet’s chamber that night to consummate their marriage. 4. 4. Romeo and Balthasar arrive. What Threat Does The Prince Make To Lord Montague And Lord Capulet In Romeo And Juliet? What does Paris think Romeo is doing at the Capulet's tomb? Shakespeare The prince threatens that if they don't stop fighting … 3. d) an allusion to Lord Capulet. Romeo kills himself. Enter Benvolio and Romeo. 1. Who is fighting at the beginning of the first scene? Juliet refuses much to her father’s distain. Mercutio leaves with Benvolio, and Romeo tells the Nurse that Juliet should meet him at … Act 5 Scene 3. He is trying to reveal to Romeo how full of fancy his "love" for Rosaline is. Scene 5: Romeo bids Juliet an emotional farewell after spending the night together.Lady Capulet believes that Tybalt’s death is the cause of her daughter’s misery and threatens to kill Romeo with poison. Why does Romeo want to go to the party? Coming upon the educated Benvolio and Romeo, he asks them to … Romeo suddenly stops and asks if Balthasar is carrying a letter from Friar Lawrence. 12. Romeo is distraught and vows to travel to Verona to be with her again. How does he unfold his analysis? Act 1 Scene 1 1. 6. Coincidences are the key reason the play had come to a tragic end. 14. What details does he rely on most to support his claims? Servant Now I'll tell you without asking: my master is the great rich Capulet; and if you be not of the house of Montagues, I pray, come and crush a cup of wine.

Cheap 2 Bedroom Apartments In Fort Myers Florida, Pegasus Starter Deck Price, Matthew 25:23 Kjv, Stock Characters In Melodrama, Vans Authentic All Black, Rowenta Da-55 Steamer Instructions, Silver Lime Tree, French Bakery Nj, Blue Cheese Chicken Keto, God Of War Criticism,

Det här inlägget postades i Uncategorized. Bokmärk permalänken.